Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

REAL FLEX FUEL SENSORS for GM 2012 and beyond

I was over at Ebay looking around and came across a real flex fuel sensor for a 2012 Cadillac  http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Flex-Fuel-Sensor-fit-for-2012-CADILLAC-SRX-13577379-1219900737-/281066102838?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4170d86036&vxp=mtr ..

did a little googling and apparently GM is re-introducing the real flex fuel sensors  to meet the new EPA tier 3 requirements.  (replacing  virtual sensor is not as accurate and therefore wouldn't meet the new requirements)

Sounds like they are getting smart again. What I really wish is that they'd forget the power locks and windows---I hate those two options. The 2000 Buick that my Mom gave me with less than 50,000 miles has an intermittent driver's door power window. So far if it goes down it'll go back up. Doesn't work most of the time though.

I hear you on that Cessna, kinda wish my Jeep had manual windows, locks and seat (although the keyless entry is nice when raining!)  Had issues with all three and plan on swapping in a manual seat track into it so I can adjust the seat again.  Where it froze at is a bit close and being a fat guy, well, that don't work so good................... :(

What about Ford and Mopar?

I'll have to ask on Mopars the next time my 200 needs an oil change, not sure otherwise.  Working in a hobby shop, I do talk to people from a variety of places, so next time a Ford mechanic comes in, I'll ask him too.........that could just be a while, I'm apparently not the only one who's parked their R/C's.............

Yep James I do remember you chiming in on GM and ethanol sensors before...please keep us in the loop. I don't quite understand the difference between virtual ethanol sensor and ethanol sensor.. I mean, I DO understand it but if one is less accurate I guess I don't understand why $200 makes a difference and they wouldn't use one on all the cars... UNLESS, a virtual sensor really does work fine. I am confused I guess as to why one is better... I mean it what you say is true about the 1.8 cruze, I'd be the first to try that if I had one lol.

And whats with Chrysler? Great selection of FFVs but looks like this decent variety of FFVs from them are ALL based on the same engine, 3.6L. That new little Dodge Dart would be great as a FFV, but no go  ;)

And whats with Chrysler? Great selection of FFVs but looks like this decent variety of FFVs from them are ALL based on the same engine, 3.6L. That new little Dodge Dart would be great as a FFV, but no go  ;)

I have the same sentiment about the engine specs. Just look at all the hullabaloo over the 2.7L V6. As for the dart, there actually is a FF version out.

Chrysler is actually revamping an old factory in Indiana, where they'll soon produce a 9 speed version of the Dart. That should be interesting.

post-2516-138947096031_thumb.jpg

I have the same sentiment about the engine specs. Just look at all the hullabaloo over the 2.7L V6. As for the dart, there actually is a FF version out.

Chrysler is actually revamping an old factory in Indiana, where they'll soon produce a 9 speed version of the Dart. That should be interesting.

The Pentastar was designed from the begining as aflex fuel motor that could run pump regular and E-85 without excessive compromises in performance and drivability.  I wonder if as Chrysler and Fiat will develop more flex fuel motors as their older engines are replaced with new ones. 

Good to know about the Dart guys. They are available here but of all the ones on the lot, they all say gasoline only. Maybe the same thing that happened when we got the new Focus in, it took awhile before I saw FFV versions here with the Focus also.

(*Although I hear the 1.8 liter non-turbo one was originally going to be virutal sensor flex- so you should be able to put E85 in it and not get a CEL light.  I haven' t tried it so I don't know).

I topped off the tank of Mrs. 85racer's 1.4L turbo ECO Cruze a while back with E85 and had no problems or CEL. I guess it ended up being about a E70 mix with the amount of gas left in the tank.