Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Omaha area news coverage of gas prices...

There are lots of stories about the rapid and unrelenting rise in gas prices... not a word about e85... surprise?

Lots of stats... highest price EVER for this date... up x% over this time last year, expected to continue to rise...

Lots of heart wrenching quotes... "it sucks, but what are you going to do" ... "you have to buy it, so I guess we're stuck"... "it is NOT like we have a choice"...

What I'd like to hear (and I'll be dropping some hints to them) is that many people who saw this coming DO have a choice.  Many people who own FLEX fuel vehicles, DO have a choice.  These customers are seeing the cheapest fuel in nearly a year, even in-spite of the total end of government subsidies.  Even with the 10-15% drop in mileage often seen, the 21-26% price difference is saving these people substantial money with each mile driven....

I'll let you know if any of these stations/papers make reference to this.

Since 1973, I've been a hater of oil companies. I've just come to the realization that the majority of our population is ignorant. My aunt always said lead by example but after over 10 years of talking up mid blends, people still act surprised----it's been like talking to a wall around here.

Boy, they're really pitching the $5 gas prices today. I sure wish I was in a position to sell my product at a high price just because everybody is hooked on it. Reminds me of how a drug dealer operates.

I replied to an article posted on 14 Feb over at marketplace.org ( sustainability tab ) .

No replies or rebukes since then.

Perhaps the funding for the oil trolls has been cutoff...