Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

Computer error

Ok- Dan - I loaded Chrome, logged in thru it, and James first post lacks content just like IE - whatsupwiththat? ;D

Lacks content"  you mean you are seeing "nothing  at all ? and JUST the first Post..is this on every thread?

Not every thread- but at least 20% of them.

Of the recent ones MISSING first content;

Waste to biofuels....Enerkem...

Chev Malibu....

ADM to close.....

Of the recent COMPLETE first content;

Turbochargers for sale...

FFV snowmobile.....

Buick Verano....

Meijers -Middletown....

Just Completed my Jonny.....

VEETC...

This has been going on a long time and persisted thru several updates.

I will look at AVG and try the screen shots as soon as I am able. Also cannot quote a post- this leaves up a "loading" bar that never goes away.

UPDATE- I just turned off all functions for AVG and got the same but I did not go to reboot- perhaps necessary to take effect?

Not every thread- but at least 20% of them.

Of the recent ones MISSING first content;

Waste to biofuels....Enerkem...

Chev Malibu....

ADM to close.....

Of the recent COMPLETE first content;

Turbochargers for sale...

FFV snowmobile.....

Buick Verano....

Meijers -Middletown....

Just Completed my Jonny.....

VEETC...

This has been going on a long time and persisted thru several updates.

I will look at AVG and try the screen shots as soon as I am able. Also cannot quote a post- this leaves up a "loading" bar that never goes away.

UPDATE- I just turned off all functions for AVG and got the same but I did not go to reboot- perhaps necessary to take effect?

Yeah if you are having all those issues clearly some setting with your computer..

Thanks for your help guys- flash was current but Java was not. However- it still has the same issues. I am thinking I should have returned this laptop when I got it but I desperately needed one to replace a drying 7 year old one and needed to keep moving on job stuff. I will keep hacking away at it.

Sounds similar to the 'missing content' / 'different content when logged in' issue I had a year or so ago. 

http://e85vehicles.com/e85/index.php/topic,4327.msg29017.html#msg29017

Out of curiosity does it make a difference on how things look if you are logged in or not?

On a second curiosity, this thread did not get the standard "Re:" on all the replies - or am I the only one seeing that?  ie, normally the title would be:

post 1:  "Computer Error"

post 2:  "Re: Computer Error"

post 3:  "Re: Computer Error"

This one is just:

post 1:  "Computer Error"

post 2:  "Computer Error"

post 3:  "Computer Error"

Edit - LOL, ok now that I make this post about the "Re" issue I see this one is the first to actually have the "Re: Computer Error" title.  Pesky Gremlins!

I was troubleshooting some issues with a customer of ours from work. When he had the same issue in multiple browsers and multiple computers, I decided it had to be some anti-malware/virus/adblocking app that they had installed on all of them.

I suppose anything is possible - though when I was dealing with my issue across all the computers and browsers, hardly anything was the same across all.

IIRC...way back then, I grabbed a copy of the page source logged in and logged out - for some reason it actually called for different character sets logged in vs logged out.  It wasn't these, but for sake of argument, say Times New Roman logged in and Arial logged out.  It appeared none of my computers/browsers were configured for the obscure character set called for, so things just appeared blank.

Looking back, not really sure if the issue just 'worked itself out' or if the posts just got so old, I didn't see them anymore!

Dan's a tinkerer (not to be confused with tinkle-er), so anything possible.  ;D

Speaking of tinkering..  E85Vehicles.com gets a makeover

a lot cleaner

http://e85vehicles.com/

Station Page  http://e85vehicles.com/e85-stations/e85-wisconsin.html

Vehicle Page http://e85vehicles.com/e85-chrysler/dodge-avenger-e85-flex-fuel.html

Not done tinkering but getting there