• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robb235

Robb235

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this website, but not e85.  I am however interested if anyone has converted a toyota v6 to E85.  The identification of the engine is a 5vz-fe.  It has been used in a lot of toyotas vehicles.  This is a 3.4l dohc motor with a compression ratio of 9.6:1.  I see a few have converted four cylinder versions, but am interested in the V6.  This motor runs on the hotter side and will have to remove the intake manifold to access the drivers side injector bank.  No problem as i do my own wrenching. 

Sorry about lack of spacing.  I have been up and down this website, but have not been able to find any info regarding the toyota V6s.  I see alot of people have converted their four cylinders with good results regarding mileage. 

My truck is a 4x4 double cab pickup with an auto transmission.  Not looking for a magical mpg pill, but i have read that the toyota motors take well to E85.  Preciate any info.

I know this thread is super old, however I also have the 5vz-fe motor in my '99 4Runner, and I've been having good results with E50. The motor seems a bit more responsive, and stays in overdrive easier rather than downshifting.

#2 TD

TD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

I didn't either. I linked to it a couple days ago, but was lazy this time.

Disabled, like a 404?
Town Drunk

#3 Dan M

Dan M

Admin

• PipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts
  • LocationSt Cloud , Mn

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

I'd recommend splash blending to see where it loses power or throws a CEL.

Start out with E30, then bump it up each fill, but don't over fill. If you run into an issue, just add more E0.

You can use a blending calculator like this one: http://intercepteft.com/calc.html

FWIW, my '05 Rav4 (4 cyl) easily ran E60 and didn't throw a CEL until E81.

Once you know the limits you can review your options. Some times just boosting the fuel pressure is all it takes.

I didnt even notice our Calculator was down..During the Last Forum Update it was disabled..Just turned it back on

#4 TD

TD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

I'd recommend splash blending to see where it loses power or throws a CEL.

Start out with E30, then bump it up each fill, but don't over fill. If you run into an issue, just add more E0.

You can use a blending calculator like this one: http://intercepteft.com/calc.html

FWIW, my '05 Rav4 (4 cyl) easily ran E60 and didn't throw a CEL until E81.

Once you know the limits you can review your options. Some times just boosting the fuel pressure is all it takes.
Town Drunk

#5 airedale

airedale

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this website, but not e85.  I am however interested if anyone has converted a toyota v6 to E85.  The identification of the engine is a 5vz-fe.  It has been used in a lot of toyotas vehicles.  This is a 3.4l dohc motor with a compression ratio of 9.6:1.  I see a few have converted four cylinder versions, but am interested in the V6.  This motor runs on the hotter side and will have to remove the intake manifold to access the drivers side injector bank.  No problem as i do my own wrenching. 

Sorry about lack of spacing.  I have been up and down this website, but have not been able to find any info regarding the toyota V6s.  I see alot of people have converted their four cylinders with good results regarding mileage. 

My truck is a 4x4 double cab pickup with an auto transmission.  Not looking for a magical mpg pill, but i have read that the toyota motors take well to E85.  Preciate any info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP