• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Flying Farmer

Flying Farmer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

[quote author=Thumpin455 link=topic=4689.msg31680#msg31680 date=1303717059]
What kind of carb is it? How hard would it be to put fuel injection on it? Im not A&P so I probably shouldn't touch one of those carbs.
[
/quote]
I have check into fuel injection and it would take 4 weeks plus to put on. I wish I could just have someone put in on for me but must A&P do not want to mess with it. I would think it would be easyier just to us my carb. I thought I had someone that could help me out and I talked to him and sent him my carb numbers but have not heard back from him

#2 Obormot

Obormot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:12 AM

http://aviocohol.com/
European E85 conversion kit
http://bioadapter.com

#3 Obormot

Obormot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

Obormot, is that Brazil or over where you live? Good video.

I'm living on another side of globe :)

European E85 conversion kit
http://bioadapter.com

#4 Thumpin455

Thumpin455

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationMarquette Michigan

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:37 AM

What kind of carb is it? How hard would it be to put fuel injection on it? Im not A&P so I probably shouldn't touch one of those carbs.
Not knocking E85, but I don't need any gasoline. Thanks. Home grown ethanol works fine for me.

#5 Flying Farmer

Flying Farmer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

I filled up with 100LL today and it cost $5.49 a gallon. I sure wish their was a easy way to make my carb work to burn E98.

#6 cessna

cessna

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

This quote on Supercub is from a guy that lives in Anchorage and has two airplanes. The guy I talked about in my previous post has a banner towing business out of Racine WI. Will be interesting to see whose prediction is right.

Alaska doesn't have ethanol added to any gas. 100LL was at $5.25 at the bulk distributor in Anchorage last week. CNN has a story running today the the Lundberg Survey indicates gas prices have likely peaked already. I know that doesn't apply to avgas but doubling up on current prices seems very unlikely.

Judging by traffic it doesn't seem that high fuel prices have changed our use of cars or planes. Air taxi and air guide prices may slow down their traffic, though. Guys I know aren't seeing much of a decline in bookings yet. Go figure. Fishing charter guides may not be so lucky.

#7 1outlaw

1outlaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

Obormot, is that Brazil or over where you live? Good video. A guy over on Supercub just announced today that one of his pilots has a father that works for a big oil company. He says 100LL will be $10 a gallon by the end of the summer. If that happens some of the guys will quit flying instead of adapt.

That's going to make food and supplies very expensive in places like inland Alaska where everything is flown in.

#8 Thumpin455

Thumpin455

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationMarquette Michigan

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Same thing is happening in the hotrod world, they just wont drive them instead of getting a carb swapped over. I have even offered to do them free for people, and they still would rather just bitch about gas prices. No loss to me.
Not knocking E85, but I don't need any gasoline. Thanks. Home grown ethanol works fine for me.

#9 cessna

cessna

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

Obormot, is that Brazil or over where you live? Good video. A guy over on Supercub just announced today that one of his pilots has a father that works for a big oil company. He says 100LL will be $10 a gallon by the end of the summer. If that happens some of the guys will quit flying instead of adapt.

#10 Dan M

Dan M

Admin

• PipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts
  • LocationSt Cloud , Mn

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

Those Gliders look like a blast...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP