Sign in to follow this  
paulc

2.25/gal (E85) 10 cent increase over last week. Clackamas, Oregon

Dissappointing news... Does anyone know why the price of E85 is so dynamic? :'(

Paul do you know off hand if their are any ethanol plants near you ?

What is the price spread between unleaded and  E85 ?  Did Unleaded also rise ?

E85 dropped here the other day in St Cloud Mn to $1.68  but we have also have had some fluctuations.

I do not know the source of the ethanol in the area. 

Ironically,  a 76 station about five minutes from the E85 station has unleaded(87) at $2.25/gallon. I've also noticed at other stations that the price for unleaded(87)  is around 2.30-2.35/gal.

-p

I do not know the source of the ethanol in the area. 

Ironically,  a 76 station about five minutes from the E85 station has unleaded(87) at $2.25/gallon. I've also noticed at other stations that the price for unleaded(87)  is around 2.30-2.35/gal.

-p

Next time you go in just strike up a conversation with the manager.. ask where they get their ethanol from ..why the prices keeps moving around , First of THANK Them for even carrying E85 . Let them know you'll buy it all the time if they can get the spread better than .30 range . Let them know that everyone understands you get less milage on it and thats why the pricing needs to be adjusted.

The old squeky wheel gets the grease ..

Dan et al,

Carson Oil supplies the ethanol in the area. I'm sending them a note conveying my dismay with the price increases. I'll dig further to find out why we are seeing a price increase in ethanol.  We are at 2.35/gal today. Price of unleaded is at 2.29 at Stein 76. This is not a good trend for E85. It appears that the price of all fuels is up this week.

-p