• 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

I race my dsm on e85

#2 CorvettE-85

CorvettE-85

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:11 AM

Yeah, these measly gasoline compression ratios gotta go!  Daily-driven 14:1 455?

#3 Thumpin455

Thumpin455

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationMarquette Michigan

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

Outlaw, I have more than one 455, and the high compression ethanol only one will be a street ride, already have a drag car and other rods to play with on the street/strip. The only time the E455 will see track time is if I want to find out how well it runs, consider a 3500lb car with a 2.41 gear and a Th350 3 speed auto with a 2200 stall converter ...  it should run 12s no problem, provided it hooks and doesnt smoke the tires the entire track.
Not knocking E85, but I don't need any gasoline. Thanks. Home grown ethanol works fine for me.

#4 hotrod

hotrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:17 AM

cars busting hold-down straps on dynos

Now that can get exciting!
Lots of fun when you are being chased around a dyno cell by a runaway car.
Even if only one strap lets go it is pee your pants time.

Larry

#5 1outlaw

1outlaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

I was tempted to post some of the 900-1200+ hp drag runs and dyno stand tests but was afraid Dan would be trying to shoehorn one of them in his Nissan. :D We also have to keep Thumpin on task or that 455 of his will not be a daily driver/econo car.

If you like wheelies and to see cars busting hold-down straps on dynos- plenty of videos where those came from. ;)

#6 rufus

rufus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Great videos, Outlaw, Thanks.

#7 hotrod

hotrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

Nicely done!

Wild ride and the lunched 9" (so called indestructible rear end) were fun ;)

Larry

#8 1outlaw

1outlaw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

While most of us are interested in E85 for daily driving- some like performance. Looking at the names of several of these guys I recognize several who started tuning on E85 around '04-05. Some of these cars are hitting the mark pretty well;

There are more awsome performance drag videos out there but the quality of the video, the fact they were all E85 guys (no gassers in the bunch), and not big name race teams lead me to post this. There really are 100's of cars running E85 or ethanol in drag and bracket races today and a lot of videos to see. No one should ever get the idea that ethanol is less than optimum for performance. What attracts a lot of these guys to E85 for racing is PERFORMANCE and COST. As some will say- they can run 2 or 3 drags for what it cost them on race gas before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP